Thursday, September 6, 2012

How to Feed the Cat

Mojo watching for evil upset birds.
Photo by Craig Lifton

Feeding the Cat
         Every morning, Monday through Friday, I get up before the sun rises and start my day. Before I wake my daughter and get her ready for school, before I get myself ready for work, I have to take care of my pets. The dog is easy, get him out of his kennel and out the door he goes to attack the day.  The most difficult mission of the day is dealing with the cat, Mojo. He waits by my door for me. Mojo will ‘talk’ to me, more like ‘yell’ at me all the way.  Feeding Mojo is one of my main priorities in the morning. The following is a step-by-step description on how to feed Mojo.
1.    First thing to know is you must watch your step, as Mojo will dance around at your feet in front of you.
2.    Go into the laundry room and retrieve both Mojo’s food dish and water bowel and head into the kitchen.
3.    In the kitchen, wash out both the dish and the bowel.
4.    By now, Mojo will be in full meow mode. You can either ignore him or talk to him; neither way will get Mojo to stop.
5.    After they are clean, start the water because Mojo likes his water fresh and cold.
6.    Depending on the size of the can, Mojo either gets a whole can or only a half can of wet food.  He also gets a half a cup of dry food.
7.    Fill the water bowel with water. If the weather is warm place two to three ice cubes in the water.
8.    Place the bowls back in the laundry room.
If you successfully followed the directions, Mojo should be purring loud enough to be heard at a distance. Mojo only needs to be fed once a day. His water can be checked when possible and more often in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment